Weather Insurance for Fairs
Fair weather or not, we help protect your bottom line.
Everyone loves the fair and a good tractor pull when the sun is shining on a perfect summer day. But, as a fair, you know that rain or other adverse weather may inhibit the success of events throughout the year. A weather insurance policy helps to protect your business’ revenue stream against the negative effects of unpredictable weather conditions. Vortex Weather Insurance focuses on the weather so you can focus on more important things.
Why do I need weather insurance for fairs?
A lot goes into running a fair. You have to manage vendors, entertainers, musical artists, and special events. Coordinating the moving parts to ensure a successful event leaves little room to worry about lower ticket sales and attendance due to bad weather. A Vortex Weather Insurance policy helps protect your business from increased expenses or loss of revenue caused by excessive heat, excessive cold, rain, snow, or a combination of elements.
Policies are specifically written based on your fair’s location and risk, determined by historical weather data and expertise from our in-house meteorologists. If the rain falls and policy conditions are met, you typically receive a payment within one to two weeks.
What are my fair weather insurance options?
Vortex tailors the duration of coverage and insurance limits to your business’ needs. Policies can help cover a few hours, a few seasons, and beyond with our insurance solutions. We account for fairground geography, time of day, time of year, and historical data to help you determine the policy that is right for you.
- Hourly event coverage: Fairs have multiple revenue-generating events worth protecting during certain hours of the day, like a demolition derby, tractor pull, monster trucks, entertainers, concerts, and evening fireworks. We’ll help you pinpoint hourly event coverage that’s right for you.
- Seasonal coverage: Is your fairground used for multiple events throughout the year? If so, a seasonal weather insurance policy may be right for you. We’ll work with you to identify relevant weather variables during a given time period, then build a weather insurance policy that helps protect your business against lost revenue.
- Rain insurance: Even if it lets up during your event, rainfall in the hours leading up to the fair’s open hours can have a significant impact on its success. When the morning’s weather isn’t ideal, people may stay home, and walk-up revenue suffers. Our rain insurance policies can help to stabilize your revenue against the uncontrollable and unexpected by the hour, day, or season.
- Excessive temperature insurance: When the heat rises outside, crowds tend to stay inside or head to the pool. If attendees can see their breath, they’ll likely hibernate someplace warm. Neither of those scenarios favors your outdoor fairground event–but we can write a policy that does.
- Multi-event coverage: A short-term weather insurance policy can cover a concert series, carnival, or events on an important weekend or holiday. For example, you need a policy from 10 am to 1 pm for the grandstand pig races and again from 6 pm to 10 pm to cover the hot new country artist’s sold-out show. We’ll help you choose a solution that helps mitigates these risks and supports the success of your business during various hourly windows.
How much fair insurance do I need to buy?
Weather risk management is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Vortex Weather Insurance takes the time to write a policy that is customized to your fair’s needs. Only you know what’s right for your business and your budget, and we’ll share our data and expertise to help you determine how much coverage is best.
What are my next steps?
Vortex offers our products nationwide and can help protect your business from weather risk any day or any time. Our process is quick and easy, and working with us is uncomplicated and fast–hopefully just like the line for the tilt-a-whirl.
What Our Customers Say
“Anyone who is in charge of running a charity event with a large field should consider Vortex Weather insurance. Signing up for the insurance was easy and eliminated numerous concerns if weather became an issue. It was nice knowing all of the hard work we put into our event was not going to be wasted. We liked the flexibility to set our own terms based on the amount of rainfall and the time constraints. In addition, the price was very reasonable. Having Eric Anderson onsite to represent the company also provided us great confidence in the company and service offered. We will definitely be using the service again for future events.”
— Justin Malone, General Manager, Greensboro National Golf Club
“Our largest tournaments typically involve hundreds of teams playing across 20+ facilities across the city. Vortex insures key locations so while we may experience rain at one facility, but not the others, we know we’re still covered!”
— Tori Blake, Perfect Game Midwest
“Anyone charged with the execution of a high end, costly event can relate with losing sleep to concerns about weather issues. Vortex Weather Insurance enabled us to guarantee playable weather, or offer our participants their money back. This has dramatically eased our concerns leading up to big events and fundraisers where the ability to protect everyone involved increases confidence and credibility. The Metropolitan PGA has partnered with Vortex for our association events and also as a benefit to our Section Professionals who will benefit from investing in weather insurance for their most important events and outings.”
— Jeff Voorheis, Executive Director, MET PGA Section
“We were very fortunate to recently work with Vortex for one of our major events. The service was very easy to use and set up and provided us with the needed peace of mind in case the event was impacted due to rain. We will definitely be using the service again in the future.”
— Geoff Lofstead, Executive Director, South Florida PGA
“Thanks for your help with this process. No rain, thank goodness but I was comforted knowing that if it rained a lot, our budget wouldn’t be wrecked.”
— Ian A., Executive Director, Lakewood Alive – Lakewood, OH
“We scheduled a ‘rain or shine’ event that was a large investment for our organization and we needed to mitigate the risk of bad weather.”
— Bryce H., Salina Highbanks Speedway
“I wish we would have known about Vortex years ago. We’ve had so many jobs that were a washout day after day. Vortex Weather Insurance is an opportunity to shore up your company’s finances when the rain just falls and falls.”
— Bekki Fike, Lily Creek Construction
“Philadelphia Zoo has worked with Vortex Insurance Agency to mitigate the negative impact of adverse weather on attendance. Vortex has offered us creative solutions to weather risk, and we would recommend them to any business interested in removing the uncertainty of adverse weather from its economic model”
— Karl Fritz, Director Business Operations, Philadelphia Zoo
“Weather coverage enables us to protect ‘hard’ expenses that are in the budget, which will require payment whether the event is delayed or cancelled.”
— Dennis B., Beach Soccer Club, Virginia Beach
“We recognize that rain is one of our biggest obstacles when planning any of our outdoor events. With Vortex, it is great to know that we are financially covered if rain becomes problematic. The whole process is quick and simple.”